- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with your hands or a fork until the mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Stir in cheese, pecans, bacon, green onions, and pepper until well mixed. Add cream and stir until dough is mostly formed, turn onto a counter and knead a few times to bring the dough together, being careful not to overwork. Add a small amount of cream if dough is too dry.
- Flatten into 4 even circles, about 7 inches in diameter and 3/4 inch thick and cut each circle into 8 wedges with a sharp knife. Transfer to a parchment paper lined baking sheet, leaving a little space between each wedge. Bake until golden brown, 22-23 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Always practice safe food handling procedures
- Wash hands with soap and water before handling any food and after handling raw meat, poultry, seafood or eggs.
- Gently rub produce under cold running water. Scrub firm produce with a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Wash all surfaces that come in contact with raw meat, poultry, seafood and eggs to avoid cross contamination.