- Preheat oven to 375°F. Wash mushrooms, remove and mince stems from 3lbs., discard remaining stems; set aside. Place mushroom caps hole-side up on a sheet pan.
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until it is crispy; remove, crumble, and set aside.
- Add the garlic and minced mushroom stems to the bacon fat in the skillet. Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until the stems are cooked through. Stir in the cream cheese and cook until it is melted. Stir in the diced pecans and reserved bacon.
- Fill mushroom caps with the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the mushroom caps have cooked through. Garnish with green onion, if desired. Serve immediately.
Always practice safe food handling procedures
- Wash hands with soap and water before handling any food and after handling raw meat, poultry, seafood or eggs.
- Gently rub produce under cold running water. Scrub firm produce with a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Wash all surfaces that come in contact with raw meat, poultry, seafood and eggs to avoid cross contamination.