- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Season the dates generously with black pepper. Pull on or cut the dates lengthwise so that they open, remove pit, and insert 1 pecan into each date. Wrap tightly in a strip of bacon. Put the dates on the prepared pan, seam side down.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn the dates over and continue baking 5 minutes or until the bacon has browned on the top and bottom.
Always practice safe food handling procedures
- Wash hands with soap and water before handling any food and after handling raw meat, poultry, seafood or eggs.
- Gently rub produce under cold running water. Scrub firm produce with a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Wash all surfaces that come in contact with raw meat, poultry, seafood and eggs to avoid cross contamination.
- Bring honey and vinegar to a boil over medium heat in a small skillet. Reduce heat to low and simmer for an additional 5 minutes, until mixture thickens. Keep warm. Drizzle over dates before serving.