- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place butter in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade and add the scallions, garlic, 3 teaspoons lemon juice, and lemon zest. Pulse to blend. Transfer the mixture to a bowl; add the walnuts and season with salt and pepper. Add the breadcrumbs and stir to blend; set aside.
- Heat 1/2-inch water in a large skillet or rondeau until boiling. Place clams into the pan and cover with a lid. Let clams steam for 3 minutes or until the clams begin to open. Remove clams from pan and let sit until they are cool enough to handle. Pry the clam shells open using a butter knife, remove and discard the upper shell. Use a small knife to detach the clam body from the shell. Loosely mold about 1 teaspoon for small clams and a scant 2 teaspoons for larger clams of the breadcrumb mixture into each of the shells so the clam body is somewhat covered. Arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler and broil them for 1 minute or until they are browned. Drizzle with the remaining 3 teaspoons lemon juice. Top each clam with parsley. Serve immediately.
Always practice safe food handling procedures
- Wash hands with soap and water before handling any food and after handling raw meat, poultry, seafood or eggs.
- Gently rub produce under cold running water. Scrub firm produce with a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Wash all surfaces that come in contact with raw meat, poultry, seafood and eggs to avoid cross contamination.