- In a food processor, pulse together the walnuts and garlic. Add the basil, salt and pepper.
- With the processor running, gradually add the oil to form an emulsified pesto. Add the parmesan and process another 15 seconds. Taste and add salt or pepper, if desired
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Always practice safe food handling procedures
- Wash hands with soap and water before handling any food and after handling raw meat, poultry, seafood or eggs.
- Gently rub produce under cold running water. Scrub firm produce with a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Wash all surfaces that come in contact with raw meat, poultry, seafood and eggs to avoid cross contamination.