← All Recipes
Curried Red Lentils with Walnuts
Prep Time 10 Minutes
Cook Time 16 Minutes
Total Time 26 Minutes
Serves Yields 12 cups
Serving Size 1/2 cup
Walnuts add crunch and plant-based protein to this hardy dish.
- Bring water, lentils, ginger, and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat to medium; simmer uncovered until lentils are tender, about 10 minutes - be sure not to overcook the lentils, you'll want them to have some texture.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until they soften and brown, about 5 minutes. Mix in chili powder, curry powder, and walnuts; stir 1 minute then remove from heat and set aside.
- Stir onion mixture, walnuts, and cilantro into lentils. Transfer to bowl. Sprinkle with additional cilantro before serving, if desired.
Always practice safe food handling procedures
- Wash hands with soap and water before handling any food and after handling raw meat, poultry, seafood or eggs.
- Gently rub produce under cold running water. Scrub firm produce with a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Wash all surfaces that come in contact with raw meat, poultry, seafood and eggs to avoid cross contamination.