Roasted Beet and Walnut Salad
Prep Time 10 Minutes
Cook Time 45 Minutes
Total Time 55 Minutes
Serves Yields 12 cups
Serving Size 2 cups
Meal Type Salad
The harissa counters the sweetness of the beets while the walnuts add that necessary crunch and creaminess to this vibrant dish.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash the beets and remove the stem and root ends. Wrap each beet in aluminum foil so that the opening is at the top of the beets and place on a half sheet pan. Roast for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center enters easily. Remove skins and cut each beet into 8 wedges when cool enough to handle.
- Whisk the harissa, cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and 2 tablespoons cold water together in a medium bowl. Slowly pour in olive oil, whisking until thoroughly blended.
- Arrange beets on a plate or platter, top with walnuts and mint leaves, and drizzle with dressing. Serve at room temperature or cold.
Always practice safe food handling procedures
- Wash hands with soap and water before handling any food and after handling raw meat, poultry, seafood or eggs.
- Gently rub produce under cold running water. Scrub firm produce with a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Wash all surfaces that come in contact with raw meat, poultry, seafood and eggs to avoid cross contamination.