- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients, except for cherries, in a large bowl; spread on the prepared pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until coconut and oats have browned, stirring after 15 minutes. Remove from oven and stir in cherries. Cool completely and transfer to an airtight container to store.
- For extra flavor, stir in 1/2 teaspoon almond extract before baking.
Always practice safe food handling procedures
- Wash hands with soap and water before handling any food and after handling raw meat, poultry, seafood or eggs.
- Gently rub produce under cold running water. Scrub firm produce with a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Wash all surfaces that come in contact with raw meat, poultry, seafood and eggs to avoid cross contamination.