- Bring water to a boil.
- In a separate pot, melt butter and add oats. Stir and toss over medium heat to toast for 3 minutes.
- Add boiling water to oats and simmer for 15 minutes without stirring.
- Add apples, raisins, flaxseed, and chia seeds. Simmer another 10 minutes.
- Add vanilla and milk, stirring until thickened.
- Stir in nuts and dried cranberries. Plate and serve.
Always practice safe food handling procedures
- Wash hands with soap and water before handling any food and after handling raw meat, poultry, seafood or eggs.
- Gently rub produce under cold running water. Scrub firm produce with a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Wash all surfaces that come in contact with raw meat, poultry, seafood and eggs to avoid cross contamination.