Glazed Lemon Blueberry Loaf with Almonds
Prep Time 10 Minutes
Cook Time 75 Minutes
Total Time 85 Minutes
Serving Size 1 slice
Meal Type Breakfast
This zesty lemon blueberry loaf topped with sliced almonds is perfect for your breakfast or brunch menu. Also great as muffins for a treat on the go.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Set aside 1⁄2 cup of sliced almonds. Finely chop remaining almonds. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, lemon peel and chopped almonds; set aside.
- Cream butter with 4 cups sugar in an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs a few at a time, scraping down bowl between additions. Beat flour mixture into butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Fold in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among 4 parchment-lined and greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan (about 38 oz. per pan). Bake until golden brown and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour 15 min.
- Meanwhile, stir together 1 cup sugar and lemon juice; set aside.
- Pierce top of hot loaf several times with a toothpick. Pour sugar mixture over loaf in pan (about 1/3 cup per loaf). Sprinkle each loaf with 2 Tbsp. of reserved sliced almonds. Cool in pan for 30 min. Remove from pan and cool completely. Slice and serve.
Always practice safe food handling procedures
- Wash hands with soap and water before handling any food and after handling raw meat, poultry, seafood or eggs.
- Gently rub produce under cold running water. Scrub firm produce with a clean vegetable brush under running water.
- Wash all surfaces that come in contact with raw meat, poultry, seafood and eggs to avoid cross contamination.